Classes listed below are held at the Cordovan Art School located at 20308 Dawn Drive, Lago Vista, TX 78645
Enrollment is open year round! Students pay an annual registration & supply fee of $80. Tuition is paid monthly. For students/families who wish to enroll in more than 1 class at the same time, the monthly tuition is discounted by 20% for each additional class. Classes are now accepting students. Sign up today!
Fall ’21 – Spring ’22 classes begin the week of September 13th and run through May. Enrollment is open! Jump in at any time!
Ask us about our limited time offer for returning students from our pre-closing ’19-’20 classes.
Keep up to date with Cordovan and learn about limited time offers on our Facebook Page!
Do I need to bring my own supplies?:
- No, Cordovan supplies all materials needed for classes. You are welcome to bring in your own materials but it is not required.
I’m not sure if I want to take a class or not. What should I do?:
- Once you’ve decided which class you’d like to try scroll to the bottom of our home page and fill out our trial class form or give us a call 512-275-4040 so we know when to expect you. Be sure to note the time and location of your trial class as you will be joining in during its regularly scheduled time.
When should I register?:
- Cordovan offers rolling enrollment. You can jump into a class at any time! If you register in the middle of the month and have missed the first few classes your tuition will be prorated.
Do you prorate tuition?:
- If you start a class after the first class of the month your tuition will be prorated. For continuing students, tuition is not prorated. Tuition is based on a monthly fee determined from an average of entire classes from September through May
Is there a registration fee?:
- Yes, there is an annual registration and supply fee of $80 that pays for every canvas, paint, pastel, pencil, and all other supplies you may use during your classes.
How many classes a month are there?:
- Typically there are four classes a month. Some months will have more or less depending on holidays
If I get more than 4 classes a month do I get charged extra?:
- No, your monthly tuition is based on a monthly fee determined from an average of entire classes from September through May
Will I be charged less if there are only 3 classes a month?:
- No, tuition is based on a monthly fee determined from an average of entire classes from September through May.
When is tuition due?:
- Tuition is due on the 1st of every month. You can set up monthly auto payments, deliver a check/cash to the studio, or call to have us run a credit card payment. Call us to set up Auto-Pay.
What happens if I forget to pay tuition?:
- A $20 late fee will be charged to your account if tuition has not been paid by the 7th of the given month.
If I miss a class can I make it up somehow?:
- Cordovan does not offer make-up classes.
Who is my teacher?:
- Instructors names will often be listed underneath the title of the class. To learn more about our instructors visit our faculty page.
Will my class meet if there is bad weather?:
- Cordovan follows RRISD, LISD, and AISD school closing schedules. If school is cancelled, so are Cordovan’s classes for that day. Check with your local studio to see what school district calendar they follow.
How/when do I drop a class?:
- You can drop a class at any time. Provide two weeks notice to your Cordovan studio’s office manager and they will place a “future drop date” on your account. This will halt any auto-payments you may have set up.
How do I apply a promo code?:
- From time to time we offer promotions. When registering for a class insert your promo code into the correct box for promotional/discount codes. Cordovan manually applies discounts to your account before your card is charged. We will email you a final receipt once the discount has been applied and your card is charged.
Have a question that wasn’t answered here? Give us a call at 512-963-6575 and we’ll do our best to help you out!
Classes: Fall 2021-Spring 2022
Drawing & Painting for teens
Sarah Banning & Mira Prince
Painting is easy and fun! In this step by step class you will learn the basics of drawing and painting with various mediums. It isn’t complicated or scary. We will even work with oil paint, which can be the most forgiving and versatile medium. You will learn the ins and outs of how to make a painting from start to finish, including how to safely handle the paints and mediums.