Fall ’22 – Spring ’23 classes will start the second week of September 2022 and run through May 2023.
Enrollment is now open! Class size is limited so reserve a spot by registering today!
Classes listed below are held at the Cordovan Art School located at 20308 Dawn Drive, Lago Vista, TX 78645. Class schedules are aligned with the LVISD calendar, from September to May. Students pay an annual registration & supply fee of $80. Tuition is paid monthly. For students/families who wish to enroll in more than 1 class at the same time, the monthly tuition is discounted by 20% for each additional class.
Keep up to date with Cordovan by contacting us at 512-963-6575 or CordovanLagoVista@gmail.com, and follow us on Facebook
Do I need to bring my own supplies?:
- No, Cordovan supplies all materials needed for classes. You are welcome to bring in your own materials but it is not required.
I’m not sure if I want to take a class or not. What should I do?:
- Give us a call to learn more or to schedule a visit.
When should I register?:
- Cordovan offers rolling enrollment. You can jump into a class at any time! If you register in the middle of the month and have missed the first few classes your tuition will be prorated.
Do you prorate tuition?:
- If you start a class after the first class of the month your tuition will be prorated. For continuing students, tuition is not prorated. Tuition is based on a monthly fee determined from an average of entire classes from September through May
Is there a registration fee?:
- Yes, there is an annual registration and supply fee of $80 that pays for every canvas, paint, pastel, pencil, and all other supplies you may use during your classes.
How many classes a month are there?:
- Typically there are four classes a month. Some months will have more or less depending on holidays
If I get more than 4 classes a month do I get charged extra?:
- No, your monthly tuition is based on a monthly fee determined from an average of entire classes from September through May
Will I be charged less if there are only 3 classes a month?:
- No, tuition is based on a monthly fee determined from an average of entire classes from September through May.
When is tuition due?:
- Tuition is due on the 1st of every month. You can set up monthly auto payments, deliver a check/cash to the studio, or call to have us run a credit card payment. Call us to set up Auto-Pay.
What happens if I forget to pay tuition?:
- A $20 late fee will be charged to your account if tuition has not been paid by the 7th of the given month.
If I miss a class can I make it up somehow?:
- Cordovan does not offer make-up classes.
Who is my teacher?:
- Instructors names will often be listed underneath the title of the class. To learn more about our instructors visit our faculty page.
Will my class meet if there is bad weather?:
- Cordovan follows LVISD school closing schedules. If school is cancelled, so are Cordovan’s classes for that day.
How/when do I drop a class?:
- You can drop a class at any time. Provide two weeks notice to your Cordovan studio’s office manager and they will place a “future drop date” on your account. This will halt any auto-payments you may have set up.
How do I apply a promo code?:
- From time to time we offer promotions. When registering for a class insert your promo code into the correct box for promotional/discount codes. Cordovan manually applies discounts to your account before your card is charged. We will email you a final receipt once the discount has been applied and your card is charged.
Have a question that wasn’t answered here? Give us a call at 512-963-6575 and we’ll do our best to help you out!
Classes: Fall 2022-Spring 2023
Drawing and Painting for adults
Wednesdays 6:00 - 7:30pm
Painting is easy and fun! In this step by step class you will learn the basics of drawing and painting, and improve your skills with various mediums. It isn’t complicated or scary. We will even work with oil paint, which can be the most forgiving and versatile medium. You will learn the ins and outs of how to make a painting from start to finish, including how to safely handle the paints and mediums.