The classes listed below will be held at the Cordovan Art School located at 8108 Mesa Drive, Suite #B-102, Austin, TX 78759.
Enrollment is open year round! Students pay an annual registration & supply fee of $75. Tuition is paid monthly. For students/families who wish to enroll in more than 1 class at the same time, the monthly tuition is discounted by 20% for each additional class. Classes are now accepting students. Sign up today!
Classes require a minimum of four students. If the minimum enrollment is not reached one week before the first day of class, students may switch into another class or receive a full refund.
Fall/Spring classes begin the first week of September. Enrollment is always open! Jump in at any time!
Keep up to date with Cordovan and learn about limited time offers on our Facebook Page!
Do I need to bring my own supplies?:
- No, Cordovan supplies all materials needed for classes. You are welcome to bring in your own materials but it is not required.
I’m not sure if I want to take a class or not. What should I do?:
- Scroll to the bottom of this page to sign up for a free trial class! Be sure to note the time and location of your trial class as you will be joining in during its regularly scheduled time.
When should I register?:
- Cordovan offers rolling enrollment. You can jump into a class at any time! If you register in the middle of the month and have missed the first few classes your tuition will be prorated.
Do you prorate tuition?:
- If you start a class after the first class of the month your tuition will be prorated. For continuing students, tuition is not prorated. Tuition is based on a monthly fee determined from an average of entire classes from September through May
Is there a registration fee?:
- Yes, there is an annual registration and supply fee of $75 that pays for every canvas, paint, pastel, pencil, and all other supplies you may use during your classes.
How many classes a month are there?:
- Typically there are four classes a month. Some months will have more or less depending on holidays
If I get more than 4 classes a month do I get charged extra?:
- No, your monthly tuition is based on a monthly fee determined from an average of entire classes from September through May
Will I be charged less if there are only 3 classes a month?:
- No, tuition is based on a monthly fee determined from an average of entire classes from September through May.
When is tuition due?:
- Tuition is due on the 1st of every month. You can set up monthly auto payments, deliver a check/cash to the studio, or call to have us run a credit card payment. Call us to set up Auto-Pay.
What happens if I forget to pay tuition?:
- A $20 late fee will be charged to your account if tuition has not been paid by the 7th of the given month.
If I miss a class can I make it up somehow?:
- Cordovan does not offer make-up classes.
Who is my teacher?:
- Instructors names will often be listed underneath the title of the class. To learn more about our instructors visit our faculty page.
Will my class meet if there is bad weather?:
- Cordovan follows RRISD, LISD, and AISD school closing schedules. If school is cancelled, so are Cordovan’s classes for that day. Check with your local studio to see what school district calendar they follow.
How/when do I drop a class?:
- You can drop a class at any time. Provide two weeks notice to your Cordovan studio’s office manager and they will place a “future drop date” on your account. This will halt any auto-payments you may have set up.
How do I apply a promo code?:
- From time to time we offer promotions. When registering for a class insert your promo code into the correct box for promotional/discount codes. Cordovan manually applies discounts to your account before your card is charged. We will email you a final receipt once the discount has been applied and your card is charged.
Have a question that wasn’t answered here? Give us a call at 512-275-4040 and we’ll do our best to help you out!
Classes: Fall 2019 - Spring 2020
Drawing & Painting
Monday 6:30pm - 8:30pm
If you have always wanted to paint & draw, but just haven't found the time, now is your chance. Offered in the evenings, this class is all about relaxing after a long-day while taking your art skills to the next level. You will get started by finding a photo to draw or paint that interests you (or you can bring one from home). Then, you'll work side by side with a professional artist to guide you as you learn how to train you eyes to see. You'll learn the tricks and techniques that will help your art come to life. All mediums are OK to use in this class. For Beginners and Advanced students. You will work at your own speed.
Creative Painting for Beginners
Tuesday 6:30pm - 8:30pm
If you are a little nervous about starting out--don't worry! You will be guided by one of the area's best art instructors. As you get started and you will feel at ease as you create beautiful drawings and paintings that you will feel proud to hang in your home. All mediums are OK to use in this class. A supply list will be provided by the instructor on the first day of class depending on which medium you choose.
Painting - All Mediums
Thursday 10:00am - 12:30pm
A class for painters of who want to improve their technique in watercolor, acrylic, guache, or oil paints. Students work at their own pace on their individual projects. Most students bring a photograph of their choice to work from. This class is for students of all skill levels.
Creative Clay Handbuild for Adults
Thursday 6:30pm - 8:30pm
If you are looking for a unique experience with 3-D media, try this hand-building CLAY class! You'll create everything from scratch . You'll get to put your own spin on each class project as you design, sculpt, and glaze. We will fire your masterpieces for you and they will come out beautiful and ready to use, show and display.