The Woodlands, Houston
Art Classes for Teens
The Woodlands, Houston Studio
Enrollment is always open! Jump in at any time!
Keep up to date with Cordovan and learn about limited time offers on our Facebook Page!
Do I need to bring my own supplies?:
- Cordovan provides all art supplies needed for classes. You are welcome to bring in your own materials but it is not required. Many times our adult and teenage students like to bring their own personal art supplies to have with them.
I’m not sure if I want to take a class or not. What should I do?:
- You can always sign up for a FREE Trial Class to try it out before you sign up. Look over the class schedule and decide which class you’d like to attend. Then, scroll to the bottom of our website and fill out the “FREE Trial Class” form. If you can’t decide, you can always email or call us at our studio to discuss in person. It is important to schedule your free trail class ahead of time, so we can let your teacher know you’ll be attending. Be sure to note the time and location of your Free Trial Class as you will be joining in during its regularly scheduled time.
When should I register?:
- Cordovan offers enrollment year round. You can jump into a class at any time! If you register in the middle of the month and have missed the first few classes your tuition will be prorated.
Do you offer a sibling or multiple class discount?:
- Students in the same family who are enrolled in the same month receive a 20% discount on each additional class.
Do you prorate tuition?:
- If you start a class after the first class of the month your tuition will be prorated. For continuing students, tuition is not prorated. Tuition is based on a monthly fee determined from an average of entire classes from September through May.
Is there a registration fee?:
- Yes, there is an annual registration and supply fee of $75 that pays for every canvas, paint, pastel, pencil, and all other supplies you may use during your classes.
How many classes a month are there?:
- Typically there are four classes a month. Some months will have more or less depending on holidays.
If I get more than 4 classes a month do I get charged extra?:
- No, your monthly tuition is based on a monthly fee determined from an average of entire classes from September through May.
Will I be charged less if there are only 3 classes a month?:
- No, tuition is based on a monthly fee determined from an average of entire classes from September through May.
When is tuition due?:
- Tuition is due on the 1st of every month. You can set up monthly auto payments, deliver a check/cash to the studio, or call to have us run a credit card payment. Call us to set up Auto-Pay.
What happens if I forget to pay tuition?:
- A $20 late fee will be charged to your account if tuition has not been paid by the 7th of the given month.
If I miss a class can I make it up somehow?:
- Cordovan does not offer make-up classes.
Who is my teacher?:
- Instructors names will often be listed underneath the title of the class. To learn more about our instructors visit our faculty page where you can see their artist biographies and samples of their artwork.
Will my class meet if there is bad weather?:
- Cordovan follows the nearest public elementary school district. If school is cancelled in the elementary school so are Cordovan’s classes for that day. Check with your local studio to see what school district calendar they follow.
How/when do I drop a class?:
- You can drop a class at any time. Provide two weeks notice to your Cordovan studio’s office manager and they will place a “future drop date” on your account. This will halt any auto-payments you may have set up.
How do I apply a promo code?:
- From time to time we offer promotions. When registering for a class insert your promo code into the correct box for promotional/discount codes. Please call or email us if you have any trouble using a promotional code during the registration process.
- Classes require a minimum of four students. If the minimum enrollment is not reached, students may switch into another class or receive a full refund.
Anime & Fantasy Art
Wednesday 6:30pm - 8:00pm
Do you dream of someday becoming a professional manga artist or anime director? Or do you want to create the next Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online or Sailor Moon? Cordovan is here to help you bring that dream to life! This class is designed for artists of all abilities who want to learn the fundamentals of drawing manga. No prior drawing skill is required — we'll teach you what you need to know right from the beginning.
High School Art
Thursday 6pm - 7:15pm
If you want to become a better artist, this is the right class for you. You'll work alongside other talented teen artists, and each of you will get the freedom to choose what you want to draw and paint (usually from a photograph). Our expert teachers will help you develop the art techniques and the design skills of a college-age student in both drawing and painting. All skill levels are welcome from beginner to advanced--it doesn't matter where you are now, we will help you get to that next level!
Pottery Wheel & Clay
Thursdays 6pm - 7:15pm
Join us in this class to learn about the different stages clay goes through during the making process, as well as the tools and techniques used to create wheel thrown and hand-built pottery. We'll teach you how to design and glaze your pieces, and you’ll be able to use everything you make once you’ve finished.
ONLINE - Digital Art for Anime & Fantasy - Teens
Monday 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Do you want to learn more about digital art for Anime or Fantasy? This class will teach you advanced skills used for digital painting and other art creation techniques using Photoshop. This class is for intermediate students that have prior experiences in digital art.
Class will be taught online via zoom.
Supplies: Requires a Wacom drawing tablet, Adobe Photoshop
ONLINE Drawing and Watercolor - Teens
Tuesdays 5:15pm - 6:45pm
ONLINE COURSE: Learn the fundamentals of drawing and watercolor. Students will learn how to create from real world images and from their imaginations using pencils and/or watercolor. You will be guided by a professional artist that will help you learn how to shade, understand perspective, and show lights and shadows. All skill levels are welcome. Each week will be a new step-by-step drawing or painting where students will interact ONLINE.
Class will be taught online via zoom.
Supplies: Pencil, Eraser, Watercolor Set (Lukas Brand Recommended), Brush Set, Sketch Pad, Watercolor Pad, Brush Set