Art Classes for Adults
Cedar Park Studio
Enrollment is always open! Jump in at any time!
Keep up to date with Cordovan and learn about limited time offers on our Facebook Page!
Do I need to bring my own supplies?:
- Cordovan provides all art supplies needed for classes. You are welcome to bring in your own materials but it is not required. Many times our adult and teenage students like to bring their own personal art supplies to have with them.
I’m not sure if I want to take a class or not. What should I do?:
- You can always sign up for a FREE Trial Class to try it out before you sign up. Look over the class schedule and decide which class you’d like to attend. Then, scroll to the bottom of our website and fill out the “FREE Trial Class” form. If you can’t decide, you can always email or call us at our studio to discuss in person. It is important to schedule your free trail class ahead of time, so we can let your teacher know you’ll be attending. Be sure to note the time and location of your Free Trial Class as you will be joining in during its regularly scheduled time.
When should I register?:
- Cordovan offers enrollment year round. You can jump into a class at any time! If you register in the middle of the month and have missed the first few classes your tuition will be prorated.
Do you offer a sibling or multiple class discount?:
- Students in the same family who are enrolled in the same month receive a 20% discount on each additional class.
Do you prorate tuition?:
- If you start a class after the first class of the month your tuition will be prorated. For continuing students, tuition is not prorated. Tuition is based on a monthly fee determined from an average of entire classes from September through May.
Is there a registration fee?:
- Yes, there is an annual registration and supply fee of $85 that pays for every canvas, paint, pastel, pencil, and all other supplies you may use during your classes.
How many classes a month are there?:
- Typically there are four classes a month. Some months will have more or less depending on holidays.
If I get more than 4 classes a month do I get charged extra?:
- No, your monthly tuition is based on a monthly fee determined from an average of entire classes from September through May.
Will I be charged less if there are only 3 classes a month?:
- No, tuition is based on a monthly fee determined from an average of entire classes from September through May.
When is tuition due?:
- Tuition is due on the 1st of every month. You can set up monthly auto payments, deliver a check/cash to the studio, or call to have us run a credit card payment. Call us to set up Auto-Pay.
What happens if I forget to pay tuition?:
- A $20 late fee will be charged to your account if tuition has not been paid by the 7th of the given month.
If I miss a class can I make it up somehow?:
- Cordovan does not offer make-up classes.
Who is my teacher?:
- Instructors names will often be listed underneath the title of the class. To learn more about our instructors visit our faculty page where you can see their artist biographies and samples of their artwork.
Will my class meet if there is bad weather?:
- Cordovan follows the nearest public elementary school district. If school is cancelled in the elementary school so are Cordovan’s classes for that day. Check with your local studio to see what school district calendar they follow.
How/when do I drop a class?:
- You can drop a class at any time. Provide two weeks notice to your Cordovan studio’s office manager and they will place a “future drop date” on your account. This will halt any auto-payments you may have set up.
How do I apply a promo code?:
- From time to time we offer promotions. When registering for a class insert your promo code into the correct box for promotional/discount codes. Please call or email us if you have any trouble using a promotional code during the registration process.
- Classes require a minimum of four students. If the minimum enrollment is not reached, students may switch into another class or receive a full refund.
Evening Painting & Drawing
Tuesdays 6:15pm - 8:15pm
If you have always wanted to paint & draw, but just haven't found the time, now is your chance. Offered in the evenings, this class is all about relaxing after a long-day while taking your art skills to the next level. You will get started by finding a photo to draw or paint that interests you (or you can bring one from home). Then, you'll work side by side with a professional artist to guide you as you learn how to train you eyes to see. You'll learn the tricks and techniques that will help your art come to life. All mediums are OK to use in this class. For Beginners and Advanced students. You will work at your own speed.
Creative Clay from Scratch for Adults and Teens
Wednesdays 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Are you looking for a unique experience with clay? If the answer is "yes", then this ceramics hand-build class is the right fit for you! You'll create everything from monsters to vases; crazy mugs to faces; birdhouses to small mouses. You'll get to put your own spin on each project as you design, sculpt, and glaze. After glazing, your masterpiece will be kiln-fired and come out looking beautiful and ready to take home and display.