Keep up to date with Cordovan and learn about limited time offers on our Facebook Page!
Do I need to bring my own supplies?:
- No, Cordovan supplies all materials needed for classes. You are welcome to bring in your own materials but it is not required.
I’m not sure if I want to take a class or not. What should I do?:
- Once you’ve decided which class you’d like to try scroll to the bottom of our home page and fill out our trial class form or give us a call 512-531-9353 so we know when to expect you. Be sure to note the time and location of your trial class as you will be joining in during its regularly scheduled time.
When should I register?:
- Cordovan offers rolling enrollment. You can jump into a class at any time! If you register in the middle of the month and have missed the first few classes your tuition will be prorated.
Do you prorate tuition?:
- If you start a class after the first class of the month your tuition will be prorated. For continuing students, tuition is not prorated. Tuition is based on a monthly fee determined from an average of entire classes from September through May
Is there a registration fee?:
- Yes, there is an annual registration and supply fee of $75 that pays for every canvas, paint, pastel, pencil, and all other supplies you may use during your classes.
How many classes a month are there?:
- Typically there are four classes a month. Some months will have more or less depending on holidays
If I get more than 4 classes a month do I get charged extra?:
- No, your monthly tuition is based on a monthly fee determined from an average of entire classes from September through May
Will I be charged less if there are only 3 classes a month?:
- No, tuition is based on a monthly fee determined from an average of entire classes from September through May.
When is tuition due?:
- Tuition is due on the 1st of every month. You can set up monthly auto payments, deliver a check/cash to the studio, or call to have us run a credit card payment. Call us to set up Auto-Pay.
What happens if I forget to pay tuition?:
- A $20 late fee will be charged to your account if tuition has not been paid by the 7th of the given month.
If I miss a class can I make it up somehow?:
- Cordovan does not offer make-up classes.
Who is my teacher?:
- Instructors names will often be listed underneath the title of the class. To learn more about our instructors visit our faculty page.
Will my class meet if there is bad weather?:
- Cordovan follows RRISD, LISD, and AISD school closing schedules. If school is cancelled, so are Cordovan’s classes for that day. Check with your local studio to see what school district calendar they follow.
How/when do I drop a class?:
- You can drop a class at any time. Provide two weeks notice to your Cordovan studio’s office manager and they will place a “future drop date” on your account. This will halt any auto-payments you may have set up.
How do I apply a promo code?:
- From time to time we offer promotions. When registering for a class insert your promo code into the correct box for promotional/discount codes. Cordovan manually applies discounts to your account before your card is charged. We will email you a final receipt once the discount has been applied and your card is charged.
Have a question that wasn’t answered here? Give us a call at 512-531-9353 and we’ll do our best to help you out!
Classes: Fall - Spring 2020-2021
ONLINE Drawing and Watercolor - Ages 9-12 years
Thursdays 6:15pm - 7:15pm
ONLINE COURSE: Learn the fundamentals of drawing and watercolor. Students will learn how to create from real world images and from their imaginations using pencils and/or watercolor. You will be guided by a professional artist that will help you learn how to shade, understand perspective, and show lights and shadows. All skill levels are welcome. Each week will be a new step-by-step drawing or painting where students will interact ONLINE.
Class will be taught online via zoom.
Supplies: Pencil, Eraser, Watercolor Set (Lukas Brand Recommended), Brush Set, Sketch Pad, Watercolor Pad
Middle School Art
Tuesdays 6:00pm - 8:00pm
This class is for Teens & Tweens who want to explore and excel in the arts. Each week you will begin class with a different technique-building activity. Using the media of your choice (graphite, acrylic, watercolor, pen & ink, etc) you will work on your own individual art project (chosen by you, and usually from a photograph). You'll be inspired by your classmates, and you will be guided by a professional artist who will show you how to make each drawing & painting better than your last one. All skill levels welcome from beginner to advanced.
Anime & Fantasy Art
Tuesdays 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Do you dream of someday becoming a professional manga artist or anime director? Or do you want to create the next Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online or Sailor Moon? Cordovan is here to help you bring that dream to life! This class is designed for artists of all abilities who want to learn the fundamentals of drawing manga. No prior drawing skill is required — we'll teach you what you need to know right from the beginning.
Creative Clay From Scratch
Wednesdays 5:30pm - 7:00pm
Are you looking for a unique experience with clay? If the answer is "yes", then this ceramics hand-build class is the right fit for you! You'll create everything from monsters to vases; crazy mugs to faces; bird houses to small mouses. You'll get to put your own spin on each project as you design, sculpt, and glaze. After glazing, your masterpiece will be kiln-fired and come out looking beautiful and ready to take home and display.
Drawing & Sketching
Thursdays 6:30pm - 8:00pm
This class is designed to improve your observational and drawing skills. You'll choose a photograph to work from, and use your favorite black and white medium(s), including graphite, charcoal, pen & ink, etc... The focus of this class is to create a realistic likeness of your photo. You'll be guided along the way by a professional artist who will help you improve your drawing technique, understand perspective, light, shading, and more.
Color & Expression
Saturdays 9:00am - 10:00am
Do you love to get a little messy when you paint? Wear some old clothes to this class and come ready to unleash your inner artist! As always, you'll get the technical skill-building with drawing and painting. And, you will also get the chance to make some bold decisions as you paint. You'll learn all about what makes a good painting with color, design, and you'll develop the skills to put it all together!