The classes listed below will be held at the Cordovan Art School located at 8108 Mesa Drive, Suite #B-102, Austin, TX 78759.
Enrollment is open year round! Students pay an annual registration & supply fee of $75. Tuition is paid monthly. For students/families who wish to enroll in more than 1 class at the same time, the monthly tuition is discounted by 20% for each additional class. Classes are now accepting students. Sign up today!
Classes require a minimum of four students. If the minimum enrollment is not reached one week before the first day of class, students may switch into another class or receive a full refund.
Fall/Spring classes begin the first week of September. Enrollment is always open! Jump in at any time!
Keep up to date with Cordovan and learn about limited time offers on our Facebook Page!
Do I need to bring my own supplies?:
- No, Cordovan supplies all materials needed for classes. You are welcome to bring in your own materials but it is not required.
I’m not sure if I want to take a class or not. What should I do?:
- Scroll to the bottom of this page to sign up for a free trial class! Be sure to note the time and location of your trial class as you will be joining in during its regularly scheduled time.
When should I register?:
- Cordovan offers rolling enrollment. You can jump into a class at any time! If you register in the middle of the month and have missed the first few classes your tuition will be prorated.
Do you prorate tuition?:
- If you start a class after the first class of the month your tuition will be prorated. For continuing students, tuition is not prorated. Tuition is based on a monthly fee determined from an average of entire classes from September through May
Is there a registration fee?:
- Yes, there is an annual registration and supply fee of $75 that pays for every canvas, paint, pastel, pencil, and all other supplies you may use during your classes.
How many classes a month are there?:
- Typically there are four classes a month. Some months will have more or less depending on holidays
If I get more than 4 classes a month do I get charged extra?:
- No, your monthly tuition is based on a monthly fee determined from an average of entire classes from September through May
Will I be charged less if there are only 3 classes a month?:
- No, tuition is based on a monthly fee determined from an average of entire classes from September through May.
When is tuition due?:
- Tuition is due on the 1st of every month. You can set up monthly auto payments, deliver a check/cash to the studio, or call to have us run a credit card payment. Call us to set up Auto-Pay.
What happens if I forget to pay tuition?:
- A $20 late fee will be charged to your account if tuition has not been paid by the 7th of the given month.
If I miss a class can I make it up somehow?:
- Cordovan does not offer make-up classes.
Who is my teacher?:
- Instructors names will often be listed underneath the title of the class. To learn more about our instructors visit our faculty page.
Will my class meet if there is bad weather?:
- Cordovan follows RRISD, LISD, and AISD school closing schedules. If school is cancelled, so are Cordovan’s classes for that day. Check with your local studio to see what school district calendar they follow.
How/when do I drop a class?:
- You can drop a class at any time. Provide two weeks notice to your Cordovan studio’s office manager and they will place a “future drop date” on your account. This will halt any auto-payments you may have set up.
How do I apply a promo code?:
- From time to time we offer promotions. When registering for a class insert your promo code into the correct box for promotional/discount codes. Cordovan manually applies discounts to your account before your card is charged. We will email you a final receipt once the discount has been applied and your card is charged.
Have a question that wasn’t answered here? Give us a call at 512-275-4040 and we’ll do our best to help you out!
Classes: Fall 2019 - Spring 2020
High School Art
Tuesday 630pm - 8:30pm
If you want to become a better artist, this is the right class for you. You'll work alongside other talented teen artists, and each of you will get the freedom to choose what you want to draw and paint (usually from a photograph). Our expert teachers will help you develop the art techniques and the design skills of a college-age student in both drawing and painting. All skill levels are welcome from beginner to advanced--it doesn't matter where you are now, we will help you get to that next level!
Anime & Fantasy
Thursday 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Do you dream of someday becoming a professional manga artist or anime director? Or do you want to create the next Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online or Sailor Moon? Cordovan is here to help you bring that dream to life! This class is designed for artists of all abilities who want to learn the fundamentals of drawing manga. No prior drawing skill is required — we'll teach you what you need to know right from the beginning.
Homeschool Classes: Fall 2019 - Spring 2020
Homeschool Art for Teens - Tueday Afternoon
Tuesday 1:00pm - 2:30pm
Come join us for an educational, fun, and social art experience this year. This class offers an opportunity for you to improve your drawing and painting skills while learning a variety of mediums and new techniques (watercolor, graphite, acrylic, pastel, pen & ink, etc). Your observation skills and hand-eye coordination will get better throughout the year. You'll work from photos, from life, and from your own creative imagination.